Monday, March 26, 2012

On a CPAP now and other ramblings

                                                      Started using a CPAP for treatment of severe obstructive sleep apnea this month. It's a pain in the ass and inconvenient. I really don't like it but am taking this as the proverbial wake up call to drop weight and take better care of myself.
                                                      Since the divorce and getting with Amy, I've gained a good 30lbs. When I was with Dana, I weighed about 215-220 on average. Now I've ballooned out to an average of 240lbs. I need to do something.
                                                      The CPAP does make for a more restful sleep and has eliminated the snoring. In the weeks before starting it, I started to get out more with the walking and cycling and getting busy around the house. Even started to get out more and get up to the museum district in Houston and a chess club in Galveston.
                                                       Also started counselling with Dana and the Depelchin Institute. Will see how that goes. Dana has been using the techniques on herself and it shows some. Stephanie's behaviors have changed for the positive also. The three of us, Dana, the counselor, and myself meet here at our home in Texas City weekly. It can be a pain in the ass with working nights and juggling Dana's schedule which is bullshit as she isn't working full time. Dana still does the part time job at SUMC and makes no effort to find better employment. She started school again at UHCL to finish her degree in education. At least the counselor is cute to look at.
                                                        Most sessions, Dana bitches about her problems but this is becoming less frequent. I do as I am asked. It really isn't anything new. The techniques taught are the same things I would have done if I had support from Dana or from Amy. When it comes to my daughters, I feel like I don't get help from anyone and God is my only friend.
                                                        I have started using the techniques with the girls, but it's all material I've used in one way or another in my way as a father. Nothing new there. As a parent, I've always felt I was going at it alone. No help from anyone else except God. Have always felt that Dana didn't pull her share of the load and was certainly not understanding in anyway. Still feel that way now. However now Dana is getting a taste of what it is to actually support a family, work, pay bills, deal with everything and everyone. It's only a taste though and no real measure of any amount of what parenting is. Good luck, she's going to need it. Pray.
                                                      I am not perfect as a parent, far from it, but I've always felt and have been told that I always did the bulk of the parenting. I have no qualms or regrets about fatherhood. I may not do well as a spouse to any woman, but I do my damndest as a father. I'm unable to put it any better way in words.
                                                     Am going to get eady to get Stephanie and take her to her appointment and then I can get some rest.worked last night and am running on about 2hrs sleep in the last 24. All a part of fatherhood. No regrets. 

No comments: